We have the 1000, and the 1000XL, the are the first ones. All EdenPURE does is dress it up and jack the price to the stratosphere. I have ran both units and can say for 100% certainty that my $39.99 radiator heater heated as well if not better than the Edenpure unit (neither put out enough heat to adequately heat my basement). Some of the comments by others state they have a comfortable house because the bought the heaters and they were 'comfortable'. CLAIM: With the EdenPure the temperature will not vary in any part of the room. I don't know where the originator here got the cubic feet, but that is not from the EdenPure advertisiing. Depending on how long you allow your electric heater to run during the colder winter months, you could see an increase in your electricity usage, along with a higher electricity bill. Now if your heating a whole home that uses gas or electric and close off several rooms and used the eden pure to heat a few rooms, sure you will save money. This year, 2010, we noticed that the unit was not at all effective. Suarez Corporation Industries is advertising a 20,000 hour bulb life and a 10-15 year "service" life (website, printed literature and printed on carton) for both their Edenpure US-1000 and Gen4 heaters. No its all on the website and in the advert's you've just got to read and understand. Talk about a rip off. 3) Infrared doesn't just heat air molecules, it also heats water molecules (humidity) as it passes through an infrared heat exchanger. This listing includes patent applications that are pending as well as patents that have already been granted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Oil heaters transfer heat by convection. Unfortunately the answer is "No, the efficiency is identical.". Ads for EdenPURE portable infrared heaters promise energy savings of up to 50 percent. It will cost more. He claimed that in 1997, while outside the governor's office in Austin, he overheard a conversation about "wanting to bury George W. Bush's Vietnam service record". PERIOD. What a fiasco-I will never purchase anything from Edenpure or anything associated with Bob Villa. Needless to say, i WILL NOT be buying any expensive heating units with misleading claims of their efficiency and lower monthly savings. I put up with very high bills until last year from what is no more than a heater that was supposed to be a heat pump, meaning it runs on heat strips. Outputs range from 75,000 Btu to 450,000 Btu. After a few weeks it was obvious that this heater is no more efficient than one I can buy mail-order or at Costco for $ 30.00-60,00, so I sent it back at my expense. They were not meant to be used in that manner. Put an infrared heater in your bedroom. Edin Pure used to give you 2 models (large and small).Sam's Club usually sells Quartz heaters at a competitive price. To reduce how much electricity or gas your hot water uses and bring your bills down, consider these tips: Turn down the thermostat: Many hot water heaters are set to 140 degrees by default, but 120 is plenty hot for most household uses, and creates less of a scalding risk. U CANT HEAT HOT WATER DUH! You suffer from the "curse of knowledge" (having a bias based on what other people have taught you) . Was given to me as a gift and I'm looking to buy a second unit for my second floor. Reverse-cycle air conditioning is 300-600% efficient, which means that it can take one unit of electrical energy and turn it into 3 to 6 times as much heating or cooling energy. Another thing that I doubt some of you would do to save $$$ on your electricity is to get used to the early morning cooler temps by wearing sweats. Because heating a wire is less efficient to heating a infared light you can't do a comparison. Why do you think they would do that? If your electric company charges you 10 cents per kilowatt hour and you run a 1,500-watt space heater for 10 hours, that will cost $1.50. I will never buy another one and will tell others not to, they are well overrated. And the glaring discrepancy between SCI's unsubstantiated bulb life claims and what consumers are reporting about the actual bulb life with the Edenpure products shows that SCI's claims have no basis in fact. The clue is in the word personal . How can heated ceramic plates absorb water? What a bunch of scam artists. Oh Al, It is you who does not understand electric restisance heating AT ALL Continue to believe what you want to believe. I can prove that is nonsense in 3 seconds in my house. I plugged it in this spring to take the chill out. 1500w in one heater is not the same as 1500w in another using different tech to generate heat. An electric heater can do the job for an unheated sideroom or shop where the cost of a furnace or duct work would be prohibitive. Again, the EdenPure AND ANY HEATER using 1500 watts is going to cost too much to use as your only heat. With the cost of propane today at over $5.49/gal anything you can do to offset propane useage is a ++++++. I chose not to not knowing how high those three months would be. I don't know where you get your sources, but you need to learn to integrate less bias if you expect anyone to believe you. There has got to be heat loss, because travels a long distance from the furnace ouside to the farthest point. According to these naysaying braniacs her hairdryer should put out more heat since they claim all heat sources are 100% efficient, etc. From $15 to the cheapest electric coil and fan garage heater (which I wound NOT recommend as it actually burns oxygen in the air), to $250 fancy infrared "wood stove-looking" (electric, of course) heater. The square feet/cubic feet issue comes from EdenPURE ads from a few years ago when I wrote the original article. You also only heat one room so it costs over $2 per room at an 8 hour run. A btu is a btu is a btu. Gas burners are a hazard in a barn with hay even if only in a side utility room. Many people who complain about heat pump performance (it blows cold air, it's expensive to operate, etc.) It didn't work so i sent it back to BIO RESEARCH in ohio. My heat gun is about 5 times hotter than my wife's hairdryer. That's common sense. Let me first say, I have been praiseing the Edenpure for about 6 years. Oh, yes, and for the guy who said how can the ceramic remove moisture from the air, if you will look, there is only one model that is also a dehumidifyer, so it is both a heater PLUS a dehumidifyer. Consider Choosing a Different Electric Heater. Thank you guys for the info, I was just about to order an Eden Pure, uffff going to walmart to buy a Lasko or anything else like it. Is anyone anymore really honest? EdenPure makes all these claims about saving money, but in their ad they say their $197 Personal heater will heat a room of 300 sq. Electric space heaters fall into four main categories: fan heaters, ceramic, infrared, and oil-filled. The point has been made of how some feel about it. Mr.Vila and Eden Pure do you really think it is fair game on humanity to peddle your wares on them? Please check with your Demand Response Aggregator for eligibility. You just have to decide if the features of the Eden Pure are worth the extra cost over a less expensive space heater. Endenpure I dont know till I get it. I have been in this house for 10 years, so in 10 years, I have spent just in those 3 months alone $15,000. He is retired as a Lieutenant Colonel from the Texas Army National Guard . Thanks for pointing this out for those of us who are scam recognizably challenged. ", They would be dedicated to making sure the expectations of an ongoing pleasant experience that is designed into the commercial would be realized to the end of product life. The BTU (British Thermal Unit) was developed for flame based heat, not electricity. I'll bet they had a forced-air heat pump. Have tried it a few times since after unplugging it and the same thing happens, it will run for just a couple of minutes and it dies. Was informed that my order was not in the system as of yet, was instructed to call back after 24 hrs. However, the radiant barrier can't be sandwiched between two objects as the contact point transfers heat away quite nicely. The best way to save money (in the long run), is to not only comply with your electricity company replacing things in your home that will give you a lower rate per kwh. The claims include: There are a few ways to use a portable electric heater to save money: Electric heaters are not an efficient way to heat a home cheaply. Nothing has changed. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. I have a completely electric home and wanted to reduce my electric bill as it is very high now. I called the order number 1-800-458-5614 and got someone and had to request a supervisor and it took a while but they got me one on the phone. Let me easily explain. The air leaks are what causes a large waste of energy. Installing a water heater replacement costs between $845 and $1,698, or an average of $1,271, for a tank-based unit and labor. So, I turned on the EdenPure, had it on high, which I didn't need to do, and my upstairs is varying from a toasty 70 degrees to 67 at the farthest areas from the EdenPure. Most heat guns even have a little twist flap on the back which does this to the heat gun so you can adjust the heat output it has nothing but coving up the airflow to adjust temp. If I was Bob Vila I would not put my name on the product if they cannot get anyone to anwser the customer service number or even return your calls. less per month power bill. I live in a double wall 2500 sq ft log home (outside logs, insulation, inside logs). I told her that I wanted my order cancelled and it was I hope. As for bob vila. Which means you get 100% of what it cost you. There is no free lunch; you can't get more energy than the source contains. They definitely do state 1000 SQ.FT., not cubic feet.I really don't need you to explain to me the difference in cubic feet and square feet. AND I MEAN THAT SINCERELY. You don't get this risk with the Eden pure . (FYI: the same goes for room air conditioners.). In other words a fan force heater will heat a space faster and then turn off faster while a pure convection heater will take much longer. Perrysburg, Ohio and go home with your product the same day. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on November 02, 2011: Bob, my main concern is saving ME money. The man in the commercial who stated he saved so much money that he bought two more and his electricity was half CANNOT be correct unless he is not using his EdenPures round the clock like we usually use our central. The American Free Enterprise system only works if we work it. The number one reason not to buy a Bio Tech Research Eden Pure is people just like you and me on this site have given specific factual examples being abused after the sale by things which should have been disclosed before the sale. It does heat evenly. I sent it back to get another heater, and GUESS WHAT IT DOESN'T WORK EITHER. I cannot tell you if the heater is worth it or not, because they will not answer the phone once you place an order. Staffing and Recruiting. Signed Mad from South Dakota and hope there is some kind of class action suit taken against Eden Pure and their misleading clan. Turned on in December. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on January 12, 2011: Cold in Mass, you can only run your heater 1 1/2 hours at .17 a kilowatt, not all night. I'm absolutely thrilled with my unit. Call your agent or insurance company if you have any questions. The same method can be used in the walls, ceiling, and floor of a mobile home to regulate its temperature. FACT: Nonsense. Electric heat is VERY expensive, no matter how much you pay for your heater. Many have been running now for well over 5 years and run almost constantly all winter long. Dose the Edenpure save you money? In looking into getting an fared heater, I did a lot of research. If you sheeple need to believe otherwise, so be it. HubPages is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. long time no see stevo it took me ages to find it this is there contact, and some info ,ring them for advice ,say mick give you there number. I purchased a gen4 2 months ago and could not find I was saving any money since Im all electric.I have notified the co I want to return the heater for a refund and they keep giving me the run around about sending me an RMA and the prepaid UPS slip to ship the unit back to them.after reading some of the other complaints I'm wandering if I will ever get a slip. After reading all the negative reviews posted about the Eden Pure,I called back to cancel my order. Now she is crying the blues because she could have applied the outrageous price of the heaters and their exhorbitant use of electricity, to her regular heat bill. My heating bill was $30 month versus $90 in kersosene and the side effects it left.I had to install a heavier wire to carry the amp's but it worked when I needed a heavier heater(1000)I think oil companies will do anything to keep you hooked,my dad(81)spent $800 for a couple months,got a few heaters and saved a bundle. Common applications include space heating, cooking, water heating and industrial processes. See who you know. Price? I have a ceramic cube heater I bought 25 years ago for $19.95 that will. The real way to reduce energy costs is to minimize the amount of energy lost by your house. Last night it was 24 degrees outside, and inside my living area may have been 60 in the middle of the night, but with daylight, the temp in my living area was 64. We tried their medium wings and a couple of the burgers. THiS IS FOR JIMS COMMENT,IF U HAVE A HOT WATER HEATER THINK ABOUT WHAT UR SAYING IF THE WATER IS HOT U DONT NEED TO HEAT IT. Bill Burkett was the CBS source in the Killian documents affair of 2004. If you can't understand that then you must be stupid. Has anyone specifically gone from a traditional electric space heater (ONLY) to an Eden and found an improvement in their electric bill? ****. It claims to scrub the air in a 1000 cubic foot room. Actual energy savings from high efficiency water heaters depend on family size, heater location, and the size and placement of water pipes. 1500 watts of electric heat will cost you the same in a $20.00 heater, or a ripoff $400.00 one. A company of integrity that believes all the implications of their own commercial to be true would have no problem warranteeing for one year and paying return costs for the "so few that would come back. FACT: Of course it will. They make you confused with names, like US 1000, GEN 4 1000, GEN 3 1000. *** So the smaller heater will produce heat but others that I have tried burn the air. Received a reconditioned unit a week ago. However after studying A LOT of them including Duraflame, and all the current ones on the market, I found Dr. Infrared to be the best comparable for a fraction of the cost of EdenPure, as well as the most highly recommended. Other heaters I've used don't keep the rooms warm because the controls don't allow the versatility that the EdenPure does. I live in the South, and that is high for me (keep in mind I have not experienced this because I have not used it 24 hours a day). I am glad you enjoy your EdenPURE heater. Jobinhoud: Voor een familiebedrijf in Ranst gaan wij op zoek naar een Customer Service Officer die zal fungeren als centraal aanspreekpunt voor onze klanten.Je helpt hen enthousiast verder bij vragen ivm het productaanbod, prijzen, bestellingen & klachten.Verder bestaat jouw takenpakket uit: Afhandelen van eigen dossiers (bestelbonnen aanpassen, lijsten opmaken, leveringen/retourbons inzetten,) Actually, when the Eden uses that copper coil to absorb the heat they're actually deceasing the efficiency of the heater. Heat is the movement of air molecules. For under $100, you can buy a better-looking, better-built heater that will serve your needs for years to come. However, your actual price will depend largely on the size and type of heater you choose. You just lay it loose on top so nothing touches it. Stay warm everyone!! A friend of mine purchased 2 after experiencing my heater. The cost was going to be $10,000. CLAIM: [Other heaters with] cheap ceramic plates reduce humidity. Are the so called experts on here thick or something. is too low you end up, cutting in a supply grill to bring the temp. Would i buy this. If a portable electric heater serves your needs, a low-cost model will kick out the same heat as an expensive model. FUVM. The facade is added over the top without touching except for where fastened. they will endorse anything for a price . This year Feb 2011 they now want $94.80 for the same pack of bulbs. We have really high ceilings. He admitted to lying to CBS about the origin of the memos when he said he got them from fellow guardsman George Conn,[6] then claiming that he received the Killian documents from a woman calling herself "Lucy Ramirez" who has never been identified. We. And yes the personal heater that heats 50 s f is only the size Of a prison cell. are surprised when they experience comfortable, cost-efficiently operating systems in other manufactured homes. It can be a $20 heater from Walmart or a $400 Eden Pure. So, for this is is great. Question: Is any heater like this okayed by Insurance companies? I used to think Alex Trebec was an honorable man, but after seeing him and others like him offer this insurance that IS a SCAM for seniors, I have no respect for him. That is the real savings. This has been disputed. For your reference, I use Lasko heaters in my home and office. Even a child knows that hot air rises. It is a well-marketed $40 electric heater selling for $400 or more. My central gas system is currently broken beyond repair, and until I can install a new system, I am heating every room with electric space heaters, and here in the cold mountains, it's running $300-$400/month (yes, I know, it's temporary madness). Bob Vila was dropped by Sears for problems with post job problems and costs associated. And, BTW, author of this site, it is SQUARE FEET, not CUBIC as you stated. This scam reminds me of Obama: you can pretty much lie and say anything you want for a long time and get away with it ! Once these last bulbs burn out, I will no longer use this over priced heater. Divide watts by 1,000 to get kilowatts per hour. I am very comfortable with leaving the Eden Pure on at night and while I am away so when I return, the house is not cold, plus I have the assurance that my pets are not going to be burned or turn over a smaller, lighter heater burning them and possibly burning the house down. Of course, they are not as pretty, and being a woman I do want my house pretty, but again if I can save that much money by not using the air until it hits 80 in the house (and BTW the a/c does not stay on long with the fans on). I have gas heat but use this at night to warm my bedroom, rather than raise the thermostat to heat the whole house. If a company goes out of its way to rectify a customers complaint, it not only does away with the complaint but provides a more loyal customer than if the cause of the complaint had never happened. The filter is as overpriced and useless as the heater. Before eden pure electric bill $75.00 and Propane bill (75 gals per month/2.99 = 224.25. total monthly costs $299.25, After eden pure electric bill $135.00 and Propane bill (25 gals per month/2.99= 74.75 total monthly costs $209.75, $347.00 for new Gen4, pays for self in 3.87 months, Don't care about all you "stats" just what my check book says, and it tells me the Eden Pure is working for me :))). The only way it would have is if I used it exactly like the Eden Pure is supposed to be used. There are none so blind as those who will not see. I cannot comment about the energy saving from the Edenpure Gen 4 as it quit working about 2+ months after it was purchased on EBay from Bass Pro Outlets. Another interesting point that only Delbert seemed to make is--- how much maintenance is required? Heating the ceramic creates a more even heat. The problem with this, of course, is that you are not saving money by heating the house more efficiently. Want a great laugh? Look at your furnace's btu rating. An electric heater is an electrical device that converts an electric current into heat. I just needed to confirm that there hadn't been a major scientific breakthrough that makes free energy. they sent me a RFH one it can to me in pieces they back cover was broken in several pieces. How can 1500 watts out perform 1500 watts? Sorry to sound so negative in my postings here, it's just I hate to see people get taken, especially someone who believes what they are sold on TV infomercials like these. EdenPURE sells their heaters all day long on their website for $247 plus free shipping so where you got your $400 figure is a mystery. I have a 1400 watt heat gun and my wife has a 1800 watt hairdryer. I often think these celebrities who endorse products do not really check completely into them. Question: What is the best portable heater? The key to these are you heat the rooms you are living in during the day so you use your furnace less. Nonetheless, they can be useful for heating small spaces, such as a small room or office cubicle. Unplugged edenpure. There just selling an alternative that has good and bad points like everything else on the market. Common sense. Bought one of the USA made heaters last year and found the heater to be less effective than any of the other electric heaters I have used in the past. I bought one several years ago and saved like at least 100. on my first electric bill. You cannot get more energy out of an electron than is in it. Keep up the good work EdenPURE! I'm currently waiting for my new EdenPURE 360, do you have an opinion about this one? It can be on all of the time or set it to the temp you want to keep it at. I am ashamed that, as a scientist I didn't think through the physics of Edenpure's claims. etc,. You're a blind moron, since you started name calling, when I'm just trying to help people out. Both heated equal areas in comparable ways, even though the Lasko only costs about $50. While at home he is not acting as an agent of the business so his actions were not in conflict with his duty of loyalty or notification. The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Once again use your heads and think about what you need. Call now at (937) 773-8350 to schedule a service request today Whether you like the article or not - the simple fact is any cost savings you are seeing by using an Eden Pure heater is due to the use of "zone heating" I.e. I purchaser 2 EP 2 years ago and they work fine in my 1900sq foot home.I bought them to stop those money grubbing gas companys.I read all you're complaints,and no one had the common sense to understand some people may just want to get the oil money suckers out of their lives. Now, here we have a 1500 watt that will be plugged into the same 120 outlet as the Eden Pure, yet the Eden Pure will with its 1500 watts heat up to 1000 sq ft, and this one heats 150?? There are three main types of heat pumps connected by ducts: air-to-air, water source, and geothermal. to produce those BTUs. Sign in to create job alert. William W. Burkett has filed for patents to protect the following inventions. Looked first at a $14.99 ceramic heater that uses 1500 watts and is rated at just over 5000 btu's. Now, if that is not a scam, a come on, a lead in, I don't know what it. Water Heater Installation & Repair Service.

What Is Judge Sylvia James Doing Now, Seven Bucks Productions Contact, Ufc Gym Kendall Class Schedule, The Patch North Kingstown, Ri, Big Win Little Win Sportsbet Explained, Articles B

bill burkett heaters

bill burkett heaters