Neil had been laid off in the months prior, so the couple sold their home, and Neil moved back in with his father, before finally relocating to an apartment in Kirkdale. Susan Venables is on Facebook. More often, he would pinch them from local shops. Jon Venables said the class teacher tried to entice Robert by offering him a prize for a week's continual attendance - he did, but the prize never came. She visited regularly and they would hold family anniversaries in the, place where he was held. 'I think about little James and what he must have gone through, how they must feel. In quest of companionship, he occasionally bullied his younger brother into truanting with him, and, in an effort to impress his peers, frequently boasted of his late-night exploits on the railway line, but failed to attract much attention. He's quite bright and clever. Her family were dignified throughout, but on that day one of theBulgerfamily supporters allowed themselvesa loud 'YES' as the verdicts came in. One police officer described how Jon Venables was so small, his legs were swinging in the air as he sat in the custody office. But viewers were shocked when experts "defended" the 10-year-old murderers saying they made "an awful mistake". Ann and Bobby fought regularly in front of the children, with virtually all of the fights leading to physical violence. We are proud to endorse the COP27 Leather Manifesto. Susan Venable - we found 141 people search records: 55 CVs and social profiles with photos, 50 addresses & phone numbers, 1 real estate objects, 6 Susan Venable's cars, 2 companies. Robert passed this down the line bullying his eight-year-old brother into playing truant. I wonder how many parents looked at their sons of a similar age that week, sure in the knowledge their own children could never be so wicked, but asked themselves anyway "what would I do if?". Meanwhile Robert Thompson always regarded as the ringleader and the most likely of the murderous duo to fall by the wayside is said to be doing well. Trauma? In March 2010, Venables was recalled to prison for downloading and distributing more than 100 images of child abuse. By then, Robert and Jon had abducted James Bulger from the Strand and attempted to drown him in the nearby canal. Online Marketing For Your Business 'When the fisticuffs ended, they made friends.' He once came to me crying saying the other boys were picking on him, trying to steal his bike.'. Both boys had been held back a year, and they were put in the same class. It was the kind of family neighbours compare themselves against and then feel better. I don't think so. Both of them struggled at school and had been lumped into the year below their age. James smith (16 March 1990 [2] - 12 February 1993) was a two-year-old boy from Kirkby, Merseyside, England, who was abducted, tortured, and murdered by two 10-year-old boys, Robert Thompson (born 23 August 1982) and Jon Venables (born 13 August 1982), on 12 February 1993. so they were put in a lower year. His parents say he is 'broken-hearted'. Our feelings haven't changed towards him. 'The attitude when you live where we live is that you have to be tough or else you don't survive,' she said. Regrettably, yet perhaps not entirely unforeseen, the cycle of abuse continued. I would get him something like a cartoon.". King Charles III shakes hands with Ukraines President Volodymyr Zelensky as he welcomes at Buckingham Palace, in London, ahead of an audience during his first visit to the UK since the Russian invasion of Ukraine. They have never come out of hiding. This time we came together in shock and disbelief. Susan Venables, mother of Jon - referred to throughout the trial as Boy B - blamed her son's 'weakness' for the murder of James Bulger, and said he was going through torment. "Throughout the conduct of the case there have been a number of issues that have been swept under the carpet. Put bluntly, Jon Venables still gets a kick out of seeing small children suffer. Neither gave evidence to the court, but were found guilty after an officer told how Venables admitted the murder, saying, "We did it. Jon's parents said they talked to their son about James after he was arrested, but had to stop. Ann, desperate to escape the physical and emotional torment of living with her drunken father, was married to Robert, Sr. in December 1971, on the day of her eighteenth birthday. Look at mine. You know, we just try and help him as best we can to try to come to terms with things. 'It was good. Behind them eyes bore into them - from everyone on all sides, journalists, their parents, members of the public, and of course, theBulgerfamily. Unemployment levels were more than twice the national average in Walton. I wish we could turn the clocks back,' Mrs Venables, 36, said. He was fearful, he was weak and he was provoked," she said. At night, for instance, the two boys would lie in bed together and suck each others thumbs. It is just heartbreaking.". He has had more love and attention than a lot of children I know. kl. . We will never be able to do the fun things any more . He would throw things at other children, cut himself deliberately with scissors and stick paper all over his face. Although he appeared to have the more stable upbringing of the two boys, there was a history of family problems. During the Bulger investigation, police checked the details of 50 videos Mr Venables had hired in recent months. The old wood panelled courtroom is small. James mother Denise Fergus has been saying this for a long time, but still we hoped that the boy who savaged a tiny child to death could become a man safe to be in our midst. But just as he was entering the school gates he met Jon and they decided to sag off together for the fourth - and final - time. Venables received a 40-month prison sentence after appearing via video link at the Old Bailey. Since the murder Robert has been in a state of post-traumatic shock, hounded by nightmares and flashbacks from the railway tracks. cl gz. It emerged that the Venables family had suffered the same fate in another area. . Fiction Writing. ql zo. As the paedophile killer pleaded guilty on Wednesday to possessing more than 1,000 indecent images of children and a "paedo manual" - his parents words on their son's involvement make disturbing reading. "Just TV programmes and little things remind me of the good times we had together . At school Jon was considered bright enough, though he had trouble keeping up with lessons. she said. On one occasion, he said, Robert ran off down the street laughing, "You can't catch me". Robert was number five of seven. 'In my opinion he was victimised. The trial though didnt, and was never designed to, shed light on how two such young children could be guilty of such sustained barbarity. 'They would say 'take your son home'. Jon's parents, who sat in court for most of the trial, said they grieved for the Bulgers. She was living in secrecy but always felt that she was walking around with a huge sign: mother of Bulger killer, above her head. Both had a need to attract attention, which they achieved through a host of petty rebellions. Apart from Jon's incident with the ruler, there had been no record of previous violence. But after a year they let Ian out again. When you have got people in the area threatening to blow your kneecaps off every moment of the daythats just the way they are. He said he was frightened of Robert's older brother. School had no hold on him - there was no corporal punishment or other form of penalty that touched him. Venables on the other hand was becoming increasingly agitated in the police interviews. From the moment Robert Thompson and Jon Venables were convicted of the murder of James Bulger, their, families have been condemned to lives spent looking over their shoulders. . Left to his own devices Jon liked to spend his playtime in fairly sedentary ways. It was a sign of such restlessness that he was unable to hang on to a football team for long - he kept shifting his allegiance like a floating voter. View the profiles of people named Susan Venables. He was also given 'respite care' - six weekly weekend breaks to relieve the family of the burden of looking after him. They deal with drugs, they deal with everything. Given the Venables family history, it was later suggested that Jon could arguably have been affected by an undiagnosed disorder at the time, and was clearly emotionally underdeveloped. Will you tell his mum I'm sorry?". portrayed him as the leader and evil one, says James Smith. The phone-in programme, as ever, was a place to turn to try to find reasons - evil, poverty, neglect, possessed anything to explain what felt inexplicable. David James Smith, who wrote a book about the Bulger case, The Sleep Of Reason, and stayed in touch with Ann Thompson afterwards. If it suited his moodwhich it frequently didBobby would beat the boys, curse at them, and threaten to send them to a home for children who misbehaved. Venables parents were divorced but still lived within a stones throw of one another and were both involved in their sons upbringing. These are the words of an officer who was in the police station when DCI Geoff MacDonald of Merseyside Police broke the news to Denise that James was dead. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Few had the patience to be friends with him, only his younger brother and a couple of lads who lived nearby. Meanwhile, Thompson has not re-offended since his release, and is believed to be in a long-term relationship with a man who knows who he really is. A newsroom reporter who was not working on the case fended off transatlantic interview demands, saying that it was not enough that he had a Liverpool accent. Such a childish voice. Mr Venables ran out of the car and grabbed him, while Robert ran off down the street laughing and shouting: 'You can't catch me.'. The living versions on the floor of the court looked equally wrinkled and austere. The attitude when you live where we live is that you have to be tough or else you dont survive, she said. At his first primary school the headmistress referred him to a psychologist, noting how he used to bang his head against the classroom wall to gain attention. Whatever problems she had in her own life, she was always there. They would hang around the video shop in Walton Village where the shop girl was pleased to have their company. Birds. After they became friends he initiated Jon into the delights of climbing into people's back gardens and the consequent thrill of being chased out by the owners. It has already been reported that Jon Venables real identity has been exposed in prison, where he is said to be receiving 24-hour protection. I'm warning yer,' she would say. Venables and Thompson abducted, tortured and killed two-year-old James in Liverpool in 1993 when they were both aged just 10. Extraordinarily, she even shouted up to the railway tracks at Walton where she knew Robert had a den. To do that he put on the witness stand all those people who had seen the three boys on the route from the shopping centre to the railway line. It is time to examine all this.". Hes your son., Unhappily, it was during this critical time that Ann became pregnant with her seventh child, the product of another failed relationship. 'I sat away from him - he caused trouble,' Jon said. Start your Independent Premium subscription today. When a police officer asked him why he didn't rescue James bleeding on the railway lines he replied: ' 'Cos blood stains, doesn't it, and then me mother would have to pay more money. I came back and then (Mrs Venables) went out.

Lakewood Cheder Wedding Hall, Kevin Montgomery Obituary, Articles S

susan venables pictures

susan venables pictures