Join our naturalist on a short walk and learn about the history of the once-prosperous town of High Falls. How did Jessica react when she saw those messages? Matthew runs inside to the closet where he keeps his service gun. Ive seen no evidence to indicate that would be necessary, but that does not preclude the GBI or anybody else from doing it if they choose. We had to establish a timeline for when that property was possessed before the marriage or after it. She's like 'I got you where I want you and you're gonna go down for this,' and he pulls his gun out and she runs into the closet to hide, and instead of shooting her, he hits her on the head with a baton," said the neighbor. He said the description of a self-inflicted gunshot wound didn't fit, noting her pristine and unmarked hands and calling it a very unusual direction in which to point the gun at one's self with the intention of committing suicide., First of all, the wound that she suffered was toward the vertex of her skull on the right side of her head; this would imply that she shot herself with a gun pointed downward near the top of her skull., The second most striking observation he said he made while assessing Jessica was neither of her hands had any evidence of any gunpowder stippling from gunpowder blowback.. And they said yes," the neighbor said. "He told 911 that he was so worried and he was trying to get back to the house as fast as possible. Courthouse Annex, Solomon Street, Griffin, Six-year-old fire victim will give life to others through organ donation, Cause of fatal Saturday morning fire determined, https://the-grip.net/2016/10/18/gbi-completes-boynton-investigation-requested-by-gpd/, https://www.11alive.com/article/news/investigations/trigger-over-and-out/85-8ab82530-da07-492b-9a3c-c20d5e7f50b3, GPD Chief fabricated, released record identifying Will Sanders as Matthew Boyntons father The Grip. Law enforcement was in his genes. I told him, You're going to have to go get it, because I cant get it out of the case., Do you know how it was that you got shot?, Have you ever had any type of thoughts about hurting yourself?. No. To text back long story I'll tell you later.. She's having suicidal thoughts," he calmly says about Jessica to the dispatcher. There was a question of what was and was not community marital property, so that took some doing to sort that out, also, Yates said, adding that many of the items reported as stolen including the clothing, computer and household items had been cited as community property during the couples divorce. "Be advised I smell gunsmoke, and I can't get an answer to the door," Boynton says on the call. [] of this document: BREAKING NEWS: GPD Officer Matthew Boynton arrested, charged with two feloniesM Matthew Boynton: The evidence and investigation that led to his arrest Matthew Boynton criminal []. Spalding County Sheriff Wendell Beam behind false death notification in But what about that 911 call Matthew made just minutes before the shooting, claiming he got a text from Jessica saying she was going to kill herself? Blood pressure.. She thinks he found it before the incident. Matthew Boynton: The evidence and investigation that led to his arrest He then said the GBI has not indicated to him that the investigation will be reopened. This chilling police body camera footage shows the moment a cop's wife was found barely alive suffering from a gunshot wound to her head. Jessica Boynton was just 19 years old when she was found inside a locked closet with a gunshot wound to her head. Nearly four years later, questions persist about what happened to the young. The doctor said the second most striking observation while assessing Jessica was that neither of her hands had any evidence of gunpowder. Matthew loved being part of the brotherhood. Did you all have sex?' But as luck would have it, suddenly he's right across the street on police business. The panicked cop grabs his police radio and runs outside to make the frantic call to dispatch. Making his way outside, seconds later, he calls for assistance over his radio. "I was scared to death that she would shoot me and then kill herself," Matthew tells investigators. It is unknown what effect his arrest may have on Boyntons criminal cases. "I believe I just heard a shot fired coming from my residence. I know that we got into an argument, but that's about all," she said, not remembering much of what had happened on April 15. Jessica Boynton says she's free as a bird'. In April 2016, the wife of a Griffin, Ga. police officer is found inside a locked closet. I would have said, I can't do this anymore, comma, take care of Tolin and Tyler, period. I would have said, suicidal not suicide thoughts.. "I would not have said that to him," said Jessica. Ashamed the FBI hasnt picked up on this yet . He grabs his police radio, stationed on top of the white microwave in the kitchen charging, and puts his phone on the counter. He's not a cop or even a private investigator. A DISGRACE! But, Jessica said regardless of her knowledge of guns, she had every reason to live. Jessica Boynton was just 19 years old when she was found inside a locked closet with a gunshot wound to her head. Absolutely, Matthew assures the agent. Furthermore, he said, it's his observation that self-inflicted gunshot wounds are very unusual among women. Until recently, Matthew's grandfather, Wendell Beam, reigned as Spalding County sheriff. That piece of evidence was a photo showing Matthew's cell phone next to the microwave inside the apartment. Its a question 11Alive investigators asked a few months ago, when Griffin Police Officer Matthew Boyntons wife, Jessica, allegedly shot herself in the head with his service weapon, inside the master bedroom closetlocked from the inside. And he said 'Yeah, we did.'". But they have no idea what's waiting for them behind a locked closet door. Minutes later, at around 10:45 p.m., Jessica storms out. At the time of the shooting Jessica was looking to make a new start for herself and two young sons. Who shot Jessica Boynton? A new podcast investigates | wusa9.com With his gun raised, holding it out and in front of him with both hands, Jones passes by a framed portrait hung on the wall. Her body is on the floor, just behind the door. There's so many useless words thrown in there, then there's so many words left out, she said. A lot, she said, doesn't add up. I was scared to death, because I couldnt find [Tyler]that she would shoot me, I mean shoot him, shoot me, and then kill herself.. Even though doctors were able to save her life, they couldn't save her from what was about to happen to her familylosing custody of her children. But where's the second round? I figured out what happened. To text back long story I'll tell you later.. GRIFFIN, Georgia, April 15, 2016: Police are breathlessly racing to save a life. And their "War of the Roses" was about to explode. Listen. The doctor believes Jessica's injuries may have been caused by blunt-force trauma. Based on that acknowledgement, The GRIP asked if it would not alleviate legal concerns pertaining to the chain of custody, and furthermore, why Boynton was not also charged with theft. According to the report, GBI investigators never conducted a re-canvass of the apartment complex, and did not talk with the immediate next door neighbor for four and a half months, despite reports from other residents that they heard a single gunshot hours earlier than the officers call claiming shots had been fired. They did not swab me or Matthew, nor did they take his clothes," said Jessica. She found a photo on Snapchat of another woman wearing nothing but a towel, with the caption: Shower time.. provided images. However, the GBIs own photographs, search warrant and evidence log all corroborate that the officers phone was on the kitchen counter after Matthew had already left the apartment. "Recently she did confirm that the second baby is not mine," Matthew tells the GBI investigator. Matthew says that he told Jessica, I'm not happy anymore and I can't. After three weeks, she woke up. The remaining items such as a hope chest, clothing and other miscellaneous items were returned to Jessica. Above Jessica, pinned to the wall, is a large black letter B for Boynton. Sanders wants to know how Matthew was texting his mistress from this very phone if he never reentered the apartment. He reads another text from his girlfriend, while driving 90 mph. He later tells investigators that he heard Tyler crying, and then, POP-POP!. "Matthew," said Jessica. Dr. Vernon Henderson, chief of Trauma and Critical Care at Atlanta Medical Center was on-call the morning Jessica came in and treated her for the next month while she was in the hospital. Jones eyes a small child sleeping on a bottom bunk bed in the back bedroom. Who shot Jessica Boynton? A new podcast investigates | 13newsnow.com "He felt that perhaps it was maybe an anxiety attack. Hike also includes a rare chance to tour inside the old powerhouse which provides great photo opportunities of the Towaliga River. Jessica Boynton was found shot in the closet with her. Jessica advised me that around 4.15.2016, when she and her ex-husband, Matthew Boynton, separated, he took several things that belongs to her without her permission, McCune reported. Its so obvious a coverup. Just one minute later, Matthewcalls 911, reaching Spalding County dispatch. Get him downstairs, one of the officers whispers to another. Two shots have been fired from her husbands service weapon. Statements from Jessica Boynton and Matthew Boynton are logged into evidence, said a statement written by Yancy March 13. It's possible, but I mean it's very doubtful, because he's never hurt me before. That was the best physical evidence that we had, Yates said. This activity on his cell phone had to have taken place inside the kitchen inside his apartment," Mathews said to DeMarco in a recorded phone conversation. But Jessica's trauma surgeon, a 30-year veteran in the field, had a few thoughts of his own about what could have happened and what likely did not happen that night. Im not sure about that. That's what Jessica and Matthew Boynton thought would happen when they said "I do.". The court ruled in his favor, giving him custody, and granting Jessica once-weeklysupervised visitation. And now Jessica is telling a completely different story. A request is made to notify the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The agent asked her if she had ever held her husbands service weapon. The neighbor says Jessica started documenting all the sordid details of the affair in her secret red "divorce diary." The shooting occurred on the evening of April 14, 2016. GBI director Vernon Keenan wrote a letter indicating the gunshot wound was self-inflicted by Jessica, closing the case. It could have been simply that um, all his, he left his stuff there. Her head shaved. The dispatch operator notified Matthew on Facebook, Browning says. Click here for "Trigger: The Last Word" | And we talk to Jessica Boynton again here: "Trigger: Free as a Bird" | Anda story when the officer was arrested and kicked offthe force (but not for shooting his wife ). And the doctor in the emergency room didn't find any bullet holes. Chris DeMarco, GBIs assistant special agent in charge, arrives on the scene and meets with Griffin Police Chief Michael Yates for a briefing. Matthew's mistress worked as a dispatch officer, reporting to Sheriff Wendell Beam, who just happens to be Matthew Boynton's grandfather. He changed clothes yet lied and said he did not. Hewrote a letter to Jessica's attorneyJune 10, in which he questioned the finding that Jessica's head injury was a self-inflicted gunshot wound, saying there was no investigation at the hospital. The glowing yellow and black, blocked-letter Waffle House sign illuminates his truck as he drives by, turning around to head back home. Who does she think hit her over the head? Unfortunately Matthew Boynton didn't have anything to say. The neighbor claims she had been with Jessica just hours beforehand, and says her friend would never have tried to take her own life. I do not have any other items of Jessicas.. Yancy also requested that Boynton write a statement pertaining to the allegation. The only person who truly knows what happened behind that closet door was jessica -- and she's now out of her coma. I'm prior military so to me it sounded like a gunshot, he tells DeMarco. "The second shot that was fired, it entered the back wall of the closet approximately a foot, no more than a foot off the ground. "I would say broken, distraught, damaged," the neighbor says. Any weapons inside the house? the dispatcher inquires. The air is thick with mystery, as the officers approach the locked closet. Once the scene is secure, investigator Misty Gresham checks on Tollin, who's sleeping, and Tyler, who is awake and still crying in his cribboth unharmed. Theres a lot of speculation and a lot of theory, but evidence is not there to cause me to do that., When told The GRIP had received information that the Griffin Police Department had contact the GBI Friday morning prior to Boyntons arrest, and asked the basis of that call, Yates said, That would be just to let them know what were doing.. Running across the parking lot and up the stairs, responding officers head toward the apartment. I don't know if it's just his job or what, but like I said I don't think he would intentionally hurt me.. 11Alive reached out to the GBI and Officer Matthew Boynton, however, neither returned our phone calls. Collectively, they examine the bullets' trajectory from the closet, into the bedroom wall and ceiling. "I have occasional headaches, but other than that everything's good," Jessica Boynton said. Eventually, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation concluded what they believe happened inside that closet; Matthew Boynton was never charged with any connection in harming his wife. $5 plus $5 parking. When asked to confirm that a July 26 appointment with Lesters orthodontist was pivotal in the Internal Affairs case, Yates said it was. Crime Watch Daily investigates what really happened to Jessica Boynton, something even Jessica herself wants to know. And the second bullet went up at 25-degree upward angle 1'10 off the floor. He was there to tell the court that he wanted to keep Jessica away from him and their two sons, because he said, he feared for their safetybecause she allegedly fired his gun in the house while their boys were home. She's having suicidal thoughts. Despite Jessica Boynton's fiery allegations, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation closed her case, clearing Matthew to return to work. No one may have ever done anything to question this case again if not for Will Sanders. So I'm trying to hurry and get back home just to make sure that nothing's going to happen to them.. Stay out, Matt, one the officers advises his fellow officer. It sounded like a gunshot. Lt. Curtis Keys is dispatched to the scene. I mean he might have grabbed my arm before, but I don't think he would intentionally do anything to hurt mebut like I said, he's changed so much here, lately, she said. And its inside that closet, where police found her seemingly shot in the head, laying on top of her husbands service weapon. The agent asked her if she had ever held her husband's service weapon. In turn Jessica begins keeping a so-called "dirty divorce diary," a red notebook she kept carefully hidden in a closet. This is not the first time I have had suicide thoughts. The specific items Lester alleged Boynton had stolen included a Toshiba laptop valued at $500; clothes valued at $300; jewelry valued at $50; kitchen items valued at $500; and a retainer valued at $150. He's asked me to go get it out before. 'We're not going to do this in Georgia anymore' | Prosecutor fighting to stop animal abuse, NASCAR star Chase Elliott hurts leg in snowboarding accident, Forecast | Cooler air moving in for the weekend, Metro Atlanta, north Georgia hit with widespread damage after storms produce powerful winds, calls 911, reaching Spalding County dispatch. A lot," said the neighbor. At that time, the city of Griffin reported the investigation was ongoing and was not expected to be completed for another month to six weeks. Published: 7/28/2017 6:16:14 PM. Stay outside.. Example video title will go here for this video. They wanted me to come back Friday for orientation for the job, she said. Around midnight Matthew says he leaves Jessica and the kids to meet fellow Officer Joshua Guthrie for a late-night snack at Waffle House. Still peering down at his phone, Matthew also sends a text to his girlfriend, a Spalding County dispatcher. Haha I'm sorry I didn't think about that lol he sends to her after receiving a text from her--moments following his text from his wife. He was able to confirm that they were all right.. Six months later, everything would changefor everyone. Since his bodycam wasn't charged, it doesn't record this call. The July 29 arrest of former Griffin Police Department Officer Matthew Boynton stemmed from a theft report filed Dec. 19, 2016, by his former wife, Jessica Lester. She told me to take care of the boys, so I'm trying to hurry up and get back home just to make sure nothing is going to happen to them. Earlier that night Jessica's husband Matthew headed to Waffle House for a late-night bite with a fellow officer, leaving his service weapon, Jessica and his sleeping sons at home. EMTs start carrying Jessica down the stairs on a backboard and click her into a gurney and swing open the ambulance doors. Still lodged in Jessica's skull? Her condition.. "To help cover his tracks.". However, he did not confirm that sequence. I didn't try to wash my hands, anything, because I knew GSR and all that would be involved.. What did Matthew do that he needed covering up? Like, how hours after the shooting, the phone was put into an evidence bag, sealed and logged into GBI evidence, it was still calling Matthew's girlfriend. Her shoulder-length, blonde hair is saturated in red. "I would want to know how he did it and how does he live with himself every day knowing that he did something like this," said Jessica. WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE FBI???????? It doesn't sound like anything I would say. She's still breathing. The first bullet went upward at 54-degree angle. And, the first officer on scene, as recorded by body cam footage, was not interviewed by the GBI for months after the incident. Since the original publication of this story, 11Alive's Brendan Keefe and Jessica Noll have taken another look at the evidence in this story, and talk to one reporter who said she was threatened when she had questions about the investigation. 11Alive reached out to Officer Matthew Boynton, however, phone calls were not returned. GRIFFIN, Ga. Who shot the officers wife? They were calling me the miracle child Because what I went through, not a lot of people survive through it, she told 11Alive's Brendan Keefe, nearly six months after the incidenther golden blonde hair now growing back. There's so many useless words thrown in there, then there's so many words left out, she said. Two-year-old Tollin is sleeping soundly in his bed as cops try not to wake him in the chaos. The subsequent investigation was short-lived, with it having been deemed a "civil matter." "The neighbors [said] somewhere around 11 p.m., and he is the only one who hears the gunshots at 1 a.m., and he calls it in," said Sanders. I didnt know if I was dealing with a possible active active scenario where she still had the gun and she had shot Tyler, he replied. The way our charter is structured, termination takes two or three days. When they finally shove their way in, tragic heartbreak is lying in front of them. With his gun raised and arms poised, he holds his weapon out in front of him with both hands. The GBI needs an overhaulclean house. Because if you go to the photographs that are part of your investigative case file, there's a photograph after the evidence report for his cell phone" she said. I mean that just doesn't happen," said Jessica. My kids are at home with her, so I'm trying to hurry up and get back there., I'm driving. And I could have been the next target.. However, she was NOT shot. Crime Watch Daily reached out to Officer Matthew Boynton and got no response. Matthew Boynton is the grandson of Sheriff Beam. In fact, 68 text messages are exchanged between him and his mistress. Matthew Boynton arrested | 11alive.com His phone was given to someone else at Griffin PD, they put the phone in the thing because they knew GBI wanted it, and that's where we're gonna be while he was taken to the police department. I was scared to death, because I couldn't find [Tyler]that she would shoot me, I mean shoot him, shoot me, and then kill herself.. From her hospital bed, she spoke to the GBI. Jessica, on a few occasions, hit and slapped him, he tells the GBI. The air is thick with the trepidation, as officers approach the locked closet. She had an appointment Monday.. Matthew sends another text to his mistress, a Spalding County dispatcher, Give me a few. She's even fighting with EMS, dude, the fellow officer tells Matthew. Dispatch notifies Spalding County Sheriff Wendell Beam, Matthews grandfather,and police notify Jessicas family that she has died. That is not a reaction that I can relate to.". It was actually from him. "He believed that the shots he heard fired were fired from his duty weapon," said Sheila Mathews, publisher of The Grip. Who shot Jessica Boynton? A new podcast investigates | abc10.com - KXTV He asked her what she thought could've happened. Her head wound has soaked into the green and white pillow her head is resting onher blood is contained to that one stain and a few nearby drops. A lot of times its two or three or more days, Yates said. Donald Britt, Lt. Darrell Dix, Lt. Keys and Beam are also present. "It was determined that he knowingly provided a false statement relating to the property in question and his possession of (it)," Natale said in a release .l Center. I never wanted to hurt myself before, she said, going on to say that shes never handled a gun, nor shot one. "They did not. Who shot Jessica Boynton? A new podcast investigates | kcentv.com He tells Trammel that he was in the shower, using his cell phone, when Jessica walked into the bathroom, pulled the shower curtain back and snatched his cell phone. We're going to be doing that to do touch DNA on the gun, and um, and why we're doing that is obviously one to corroborate everything that's what believed happened, and that way it also, it also eliminates the possibility of her family saying, you had something involved in this, or whatever, the GBI agent said to him. There was most likely a struggle with the gun and he assumed she was dead. Her limp body is on the floor, just behind the door. Privacy Policy | "She suspected Matthew was cheating on her and so she dug for information, and we found it," the neighbor said. I'll be back there in about two minutes. Officer Robert Brian Jones is also dispatched to the Ashford Way apartment building. She says there were pages missing. Jessica Boynton, once declared dead, is alive and talking. ', Do you know how it was that you got shot?, Have you ever had any type of thoughts about hurting yourself?. And it's assigned to Matthew, her husband, the cop. Boyntons statement, dated Jan. 9, said, I was advised to complete a statement on a previous date by Lt. Yancey. "Very explicit conversation," said the neighbor. in the head..in hospital for a month..just an FYI. Griffin Police officer Matthew Boynton was arrested and taken to the Spalding County Jail on multiple charges. "I'm guessing Matthew," said Jessica. By June 6, Matthew returned to full duty with a new service weapon in his holster. Armed with bodycams attached to their uniforms, the officers burst through the door, quickly passing Matthew's phone, a black and grey Verizon LG smartphone, on the kitchen counter. She's like a sister to me, Browning says, her voice quivering. "I know for a fact that Jessica was not suicidal," said the neighbor. This x cop needs to be tried for attempted murder. she asked. "She was actually happy, she was thrilled because she finally got that closure that she needed," says the neighbor.

Amznmktplace On Bank Statement, Big Ideas Math Algebra 1 Teacher Edition Pdf, Issue Complexity Is Defined As, Carnes Park Whitehall Al Directions, Articles D

did matthew boynton shoot his wife

did matthew boynton shoot his wife