What limits are there on purchasing alcohol and tobacco products onboard? PRICE PER PERSON. Rome2rio's Travel Guide series provide vital information for the global traveller. Scotland is the northernmost country in the United Kingdom, occupying the Northern third of the land, sharing a border with England to the South. Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policy, If there is a P&O account linked to this email address, we'll send over a link to reset your password, Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you your booking reference, If there is a P&O account linked to this email address, we'll send over your booking reference. If you do decide to rent a car in one country and leave it in the other, it will cost you at least $1500 USD ($500 for a cross border fee and $500 for a one-way rental fee). Travel from United Kingdom to Ireland is: Rome2rio uses cookies to help personalize content and show you personalised ads. Whatever speed you like to enjoy life at, take a trip to Northern Ireland and you'll not be short of things to do. For contact details visit our. Required fields are marked *. By signing up here, you consent to this service. The 9th-century manuscript that documents the four gospels of the life of Jesus Christ, The Book of Kells is Ireland's greatest cultural treasure and the worlds most famous medieval manuscript. That is a relatively far drive from Scotland, namely 135 miles. Scotland is the northernmost of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, sharing a 60 mile long land border with England to the south and separated from Northern Ireland by the North Channel of the Irish Sea. How do I book if I don't know the vehicle registration? Ferry travel is the best way to see all that nature has to offer. Operated by Aircoach and Translink UK, the Dublin to Scotland service departs from The Gresham Hotel and arrives in Glasgow Buchanan. The direct route to the continent is no longer available, but there are numerous routes from Northern England to use instead. How do I update my online profile with Stena Line? If you want to go to Ireland, it might be a bit better with the crossing from Cairnryan to Larne than with the ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast. There are. Ferries from Scotland to Northern Ireland, DirectFerries.co.uk - the one stop ferry shop , a brand of Direct Ferries Ltd - all rights reserved. The direct connection from England is less regular, but also year round and a popular service. So if you really are having a hard time deciding between Ireland and Scotland, go ahead and do both! Our convenient map shows you at a glance where the various ports are located, as well as exact ferry routes. The usual huddle of reeking smokers polluted the 'fresh' air on deck not much one can do about that. The Scottish climate tends to be very changeable, but even though the sun might not always shine, the warm welcome from the wonderful diversity of landscapes attracts many visitors. What are the call costs for using my mobile phone onboard? Wearing a face mask on public transport in Ireland is recommended. Short Stay by Motorbike to Ireland or Britain. Stena Line operates 1 routes, Belfast to Cairnryan which runs 5 times daily. Book online for the lowest fares. We use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with the best web experience. With so many great reasons to take one of our ferries to Ireland, why travel any other way? Scotland. Do you have questions or need help with your booking? Only one bicycle can be booked per ticket. Are there conference facilities available onboard? Is there a Bureau de Change facility onboard? Join today and get the latest news and deals straight to your inbox. Price for a return tickets are as follows: Passenger 14.20, Car 71.10. Travelling by ferry to Ireland from England and Scotland has never been easier or more comfortable! If youre feeling nervous about driving in Ireland there are several great day trips from Galway that will take you to the west for this 2-day trip. It takes approximately 9h 16m to get from Scotland to Ireland, including transfers. Can I check my luggage in for the sailing? Can I get a quote without making a booking? Edited: 8 years ago Remember to check our caravan requirements before you travel with P&O Ferries and be sure to take advantage of our unlimited baggage policy. Rome2rio makes travelling from Scotland to Ireland easy. The perfect country to visit at any time of the year, visit Ireland for an unforgettable holiday, packed with memories and lots of new places to explore. On our ferry map below, you can see where the crossings to Ireland from Scotland are. All Taxes, Service Charges and Gratuities except your Driver and Tour Director. Visiting Ireland and Scotland can seem a little daunting on your own and tours can be a great way to go if youre feeling a little nervous about it. If you registered before September 2020 and are logging in for the first time, please sign in with your email address and new password and we will send an activation link to your registered email address. You cannot book more than one rider and one pillion passenger per motorcycle. I normally like to advise people to get out of the big cities and explore the countryside, but Edinburgh has so much to offer than I think its worth spending at least 2 days here. How do I book multiple vehicles on one booking? The exhibition also includes access to the Long Room, which is one of the worlds most beautiful libraries - home to 200,000 of Trinity Colleges oldest books! The routes connecting Scotland and Northern Ireland are operated exclusively by Stena who carry out 40 trips . Exceptions may apply, for full details: European Union. Its 11km perimeter wall encloses 707ha; it is one of the largest enclosed recreational spaces within any European capital city. You need to enable JavaScript to run this app. Plus you can update the passenger or vehicle registration details right up until the date of travel. What are the call costs for using my mobile phone onboard? On our Norbay and Norbank ships, enjoy a twin bed, crisp bed linen and soft towels, with an ensuite shower room, toilet, and space to hang your clothes. Shop til you drop, take in a sightseeing tour and visit the many historic landmarks. Our onboard Food Court offers a wide range of cuisines from around the world, from fish and chips to curry. How can I check if my sailing is on time? From high street chains to independent boutiques, there are plenty of gems to be picked up, save your spending money and take advantage of the great savings in Kildare Village which is packed with designer brands at fantastic prices. Its always great to travel in comfort, and whats more comfortable than travelling with your own vehicle? Visit once and youll be drawn back to Scotland and Ireland time and time again! Take a look at all the great on board services we offer when you sail from Cairnryan to Larne with us. Northern Ireland is one of the four parts of the United Kingdom, located in the island of Ireland, bordering the Republic of Ireland to the South and West. Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. How can I make a booking using a Tesco Clubcard Partner code? Take in the majestic sights of King Johns Castle in Limerick, Kilkenny Castle and try your hand at falconry at Ashford Castle and fly a hawk like a pro! Pack up your car and take a car-cation to Northern Ireland a place steeped in history, culture and so much more. Yes, entry into Ireland is currently allowed from United Kingdom. What can I use my Extra points to purchase? Take in the sights of two great cities - Belfast and Derry ~ Londonderry, explore the many world-class visitor attractions including Titanic Belfast and the Giant's Causeway on the North Coast, have a pint in some of the coolest pubs and a meal in a choice of many great restaurants. If you have your own car or are using this itinerary as part of a larger European trip, you might also consider taking the ferry from Ireland to Scotland or vice versa. P&O Irish Sea operates 1 routes, Larne to Cairnryan which runs 7 times daily. SINGLE $8,399. P&O Irish Sea operates 1 routes, Cairnryan to Larne which runs 7 times daily. What are Stena Line's vehicle categories? All in all, a safe and troublefree transit. What payment methods and currencies can be used onboard. If youre interested in a longer, more detailed trip to Ireland, you can check out my full Ireland Itinerary. Scotland Wales Northern Ireland Politics Conservatives Brexit Labour Lib Dems SNP US politics World USA Europe . If you are not sure, just type in Ireland and choose, You will get results not just for your chosen route but all similar routes, Choose a time. Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. The port enjoys good road, rail and bus links with Glasgow. You need to enable JavaScript to run this app. That is why it is best to look at the prices as they are the date when you want to make your crossing. Do you provide luggage lockers at the terminal? This site allows you to compare all the info for your trip to Northern Ireland from Scotland such as tariffs, times and duration of the crossing. Learn the history of Guinness before enjoying a pint in the Gravity Bar which has a 360 view of the city. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Services of a Maple Leaf Tour Director. Extensive signage on all main roads leading to the port give clear directions. Scotland to Ireland bus services, operated by Aircoach, arrive at Dublin Airport station. Do you provide special fares for group bookings? Make yourself known to an official member of staff and/or call the national coronavirus helpline number on 1850 24 1850. Why not grab a pint or a nice cup of tea and watch the waves roll by from our onboard bar? 100 miles west of Glasgow, past the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, and down the coast of Loch Fyne, you'll find the port of Kennacraig. A fantastic country with so much to explore, you should definitely try and spend some time in the exciting capital city of Belfastfor some unbeatable sites, food and drink, and more. Ferries from Northern Ireland to Scotland. Are there toll roads I need to be aware of close to the ports? Our ferries to Ireland take 7 hours and 30 minutes, with two sailings per day and plenty of time to chill out in the on-board bars and caf, with terrific views as we glide through the Irish Sea. What fees, dues and charges apply and when? Travel in style on the biggest, most luxurious ferries ever to sail between Scotland and Northern Ireland,Stena Superfast VIIandStena Superfast On Time P&O Irish Sea operates 1 routes, Cairnryan to Larne which runs 7 times daily. From 173 (including car and driver), you can travel first from Hoek van Holland and then on one of the company's ferries to Ireland. There are 11 ways to get from Ireland to Scotland by bus, bus and ferry, train, car, car ferry or plane Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. If you registered before September 2020 and are logging in for the first time, please sign in with your email address and new password and we will send an activation link to your registered email address. However, if you are flying into Scotland or Ireland and plan to fly out of a different airport, I would not recommend taking the ferry. If you want to experience a great overview of the country, you can do my full Scotland Itinerary. Delayed Read More Sail on Superfast VII & Superfast VIII Cairnryan & Belfast From 129 single, car & driver Find trip Timetable Route Cairnryan Belfast Belfast Cairnryan Belfast Liverpool What identification documents do I need to travel? Can I bring a bicycle on my rail and sail journey? Dublin Port is a purpose built facility for Stena Lines Superferries. Stena Line travels the BelfastStranraer route and P&O Irish Sea the LarneTroon and LarneCairnryan routes. The ferry, the Isle of Innisfree, was built in Belgium in 1992 and can . Where can I find directions to the terminal? Loch Ryan Port, Cairnryan is located in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland and from here you have a choice of up to 6 daily sailings to Belfast. How can I check if my sailing is on time? Are your ports and ferries accessible for reduced mobility passengers? Opened in 1831, the zoo describes its role as conservation, study, and education. See all trip ideas Getting around Driving in IrelandPublic transport Do you have electric vehicle recharge facilities onboard? NorthLink Ferries operate nightly car ferries from Aberdeen in the north east to Lerwick in Shetland, with stops en route on alternative days at Orkney's main port, Kirkwall. Do you provide special fares for group bookings? Known as the "Emerald Isle", explore one of Europes most prized jewels when you travel to Ireland. Youll experience superior levels of comfort and enjoyment onboard our Superfast ships, with all the onboard facilities on hand to make your journey as relaxing and as enjoyable as possible. Take in the majestic Harland and Wolff cranes known as Samson and Goliath where the Titanic ship . The port is 20 minutes from Wexford , 1 hour 20 minutes from Waterford , 1 hour 45 minutes from Kilkenny , 2 hours 15 minutes from Dublin and 3 hours from Cork. What is the cheapest ferry to Ireland? Filled with useful and timely travel information, the guides answer all the hard questions - such as 'How do I buy a ticket? A trip for two people with a car in high season can be from around 113. What are Stena Line's vehicle categories? What identification documents do I need to travel? With castles, stunning scenery, endless outdoor adventure activities, Dumfries & Galloway and Ayrshire in South West Scotland are great places to explore. Visit Inverness and try and find the Loch Ness Monster! . What facilities do you have on your ferries? Scotland and Ireland Itinerary. Can I stay in my vehicle during the crossing? Day 2: Explore Dublin. What payment methods and currencies can be used onboard. The English name comes from the Irish fionn uisce meaning "clear water". What is the Business Traveller programme? Can I carry extra fuel in my car or motorhome? With a choice of 12 daily sailings you can travel by foot or by car to Cairnryan and Belfast from only 2 hours 15 minutes on two of the best ferries on the Irish Sea. A three-day electric road trip! Do I need a printed copy of my ticket to travel? Do you have electric vehicle recharge facilities onboard? These can include up to half price offers. Are cabins mandatory on overnight sailings? Book a Ferry to Ireland - Travelling with a Caravan, Motorhome, or Motorbike? Rosslare is a small village with a supermarket, bank, hotels, guesthouses, pubs and restaurants. Dublin to Scotland by bus and bus and ferry The journey time between Dublin and Scotland is around 9h 45m and covers a distance of around 268 miles. Getting from Ireland to Scotland is easy and affordable. And at the end of the day what could be better than a Guinness or a spot of Irish whisky. What fees, dues and charges apply and when? There are 2 ferry routes operating between Northern Ireland and Scotland offering you combined total of 12 sailings per day. To the best of our knowledge, it is correct as of the last update.Visit Rome2rio travel advice for general help. UK to Ireland Ferries - Prices from 142 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 543 reviews Ferries from England to Ireland Liverpool to Dublin Ferry 1 crossings daily 7 hr 30 min Get Price Ferries from France to Ireland Cherbourg to Dublin Ferry 4 crossings weekly 19 hr Get Price Cherbourg to Rosslare Ferry 4 crossings weekly 16 hr 30 min Get Price There are currently no timetables available for routes selected, Please enter all the information for your vehicle, Please enter trailer type, length and height. There are 27+ hotels available in Ireland. Loch Ryan Port, Cairnryan is located in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland and from here you have a choice of up to 6 daily sailings to Belfast. Disappointed with late departure and subsequent late arrival, other than that happy with service. Do you provide a late check-out option on your ferries? Whether you decide to drive to the Isle of Skye on your own or take a tour, dont miss these sites: On the last day of your Scotland and Ireland vacation, travel back to Edinburgh and either fly home from there or fly back to Dublin to fly home. Our ferries to Ireland are a perfect way to travel if youre planning on a mobile holiday you can bring your caravan or motorhome along for the journey. Im giving you just a week in this itinerary, but I think it will show y0ou some of the best places to visit in Ireland in a short am0unt of time. Throw on your crown because the one thing that Ireland has no shortage of, is castles. Visit Galloway Forest Park, mountain bike the 7stanes, explore Threave Castle or take a trip to the lovely seaside town of Ayr. Cairnryan is a small village with a shop and a couple of B&Bs. Check out the best bits about our ferries to Ireland and what to remember before you travel with us. Re: Ferry Scotland to Ireland 8 years ago Save Cairnryan is only a few miles from Stranraer and is now used by the Ferry Companies as thier Port. Rabbies does an amazing 3-day tour that comes with your own comedickilted tour guide to take you through the Isle of Skye while learning all about its interesting past and natural wonders. The ship's personnel were pleasant and fellow travellers were largely hidden away in cabins or lounges. Then you can make a good decision about whether a detour can be worthwhile. This includes an average layover time of around 1h. There are plenty of cheap flights from Ireland to Scotland and from Scotland to Ireland. If youre self-driving it will take about 3.5 hours to get to the west coast known as the Wild Atlantic Way. Phoenix Park (Irish: Pirc an Fhionnuisce) is an urban park in Dublin, Ireland, lying 24km west of the city centre, north of the River Liffey. Delayed Catering-wise I bought only a hot chocolate, which was quite hot and fairly chocolatey. Guided coach tour of Edinburgh. Get our newsletter and never miss a ferry deal! It's a lovely journey. Great service. You can find more details about how we use your data in our, Don't miss out, sign up now to make sure you receive our latest offers, At least one special character (with the exception of #, &, + and spaces). What is the cheapest ferry from Scotland to Ireland? Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password, By clicking "Save and continue" you are confirming that you accept our Rumour has it, Guinness tastes even better on Irish soil, and how about going one step further and enjoying a pint with your own selfie printed on top of the head? Do you provide luggage lockers at the terminal? By proceeding, you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our, by bus and ferry, bus, car, car ferry, plane or train, Take the bus and ferry from Glasgow Buchanan to Belfast Europa Bus Centre, Take the bus from Belfast, Glengall Street to Dublin Airport, Take the car ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast, Take the train from Paisley Canal to Glasgow Central, Fly from Glasgow (GLA) to Belfast City (BHD), Take the train from Belfast Central to Drogheda, Fly from Glasgow (GLA) to Belfast (Aldergrove) (BFS). See our cookie policy. From here it's a two-hour journey with CalMac to Islay, Scotland's whisky island. Stena Line operates 1 routes, Belfast to Cairnryan which runs 5 times daily. PM urged to extend EU market access for Northern Ireland to Scotland (Image: NQ) RISHI Sunak has been pressed to explain why EU single market access is good for Northern Ireland but . Stena Line operates 1 routes, Cairnryan to Belfast which runs 5 times daily. Keep yourself awake until a reasonable hour (between 8 pm and 11 pm) and wake up early the next morning. Shoplifters who stole printer ink cartridges arrested after fleeing to Ireland. Whatever your palate desires, there is a multitude of restaurants and cafs to satisfy your tastebuds. There are also designated smoking areas for those who require them. Travel by ferry to Belfast and explore Northern Ireland and beyond. What is the national COVID-19 helpline number in Ireland? Travel by ferry to Belfast and explore Northern Ireland and beyond. Glasgow is under 2 hours from Cairnryan where you can enjoy all that this great city has to offer. Ireland is one of the most visited countries in the world and the good news is that it's just a short hop away by ferry from the UK. Especially since flights between Scotland and Ireland are so cheap! This would also work if youre planning to fly in and out of the same airport. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Ferry from Scotland to Northern Ireland. Book a Ferry to Ireland - Travelling with a Caravan, Motorhome, or Motorbike? Are there restrictions returning to United Kingdom from Ireland? With no baggage charges why not pack up the car and take a ferry to Cairnryan or Belfast and enjoy a car-cation with Stena Line? Brilliant value for car and one passenger, cheapest by far. What facilities do you have on your ferries? There are 8 ways to get from Scotland to Ireland by bus and ferry, bus, car, car ferry, plane or train Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. Ferry to Iceland . Discover the bustling cosmopolitan cities of Dublin and Galway and learn about some of literary and musics Belfast Port (VT4) is conveniently located close to the motorway network off Junction 1 of the M2 motorway offering easy access to and from Belfast city centre and the rest of Ireland. The cheapest prices are typically during off peak times and low . With dramatic landscapes and a vibrant culture, a visit to Scotland is an unforgettable experience! Visit Belfast in Northern Ireland and learn the history of the worlds most famous ship when you visit Titanic Belfast or jump into a black taxi for a tour of the city before satisfying yourself with a delicious meal from one of the many restaurants that it has to offer. Departed. Want to know more? the Faroe Islands, Denmark, Scotland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Russia. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Driving to the Isle of Skye can be a little scary if you dont know what to expect. You wont leave your ferry to Ireland feeling hungry we offer two hot meals completely free of charge. Do you have electric vehicle recharge facilities onboard? Day 1: Arrive in Dublin. How long before departure do I need to check-in? P&O Irish Sea operates 1 routes, Larne to Cairnryan which runs 7 times daily. Contact Us Edinburgh Castle. At the heart of Northern Ireland lies the idea of unspoilt naturalness, which encompasses a beautiful landscape, quality local produce where people are spontaneous in their humour, genuine, hospitable, welcoming, and not tourist weary. It includes large areas of grassland and tree-lined avenues, and since the 17th century has been home to a herd of wild fallow deer. The choice is yours. If you go to Ireland and Scotland during these times youll avoid the crowds, but still be able to enjoy nicer weather than in the winter. Ryanair UK, Aer Lingus and Ryanair offer flights from Edinburgh Airport to Dublin Airport. Dont miss these stops in Dublin: Take an entire day to explore the west of Ireland. Are there conference facilities available onboard? For golfers, cyclists and those with lots of luggage, we've got ample room to carry golf clubs, bikes and luggage free of charge. Which shipping companies operate between Scotland and Ireland? You can easily discover the best ferry route for destinations such as France, Ireland, Holland or islands like Corsica. For literary lovers, why not pop into Trinity College Dublin, and see the famous Book of Kells Exhibition. Ryanair UK, Ryanair and Aer Lingus fly from Edinburgh to Swords every 4 hours. There are endless things to do and youll be sure of the warmest of welcomes. If youre not comfortable driving in those conditions, it might be a good idea to take a tour to the Isle of Skye. Book a ferry with the P&O Cairnryan to Larne route today! You can click on each destination to find more information. What are the Stena Line's age categories? Ferry to Ireland - take the ferry to Ireland from the UK. 2023 FerryGoGo.com - The #1 Ferry Guide in the World - All Rights Reserved. Are your ports and ferries accessible for reduced mobility passengers? Whether the thriving and vibrant city of Belfast and the story of the Titanic, the Giants Causeway coast with enchanting land and seascapes, or the ancient city of Derry with its rich cultural and architectural heritage, Northern Ireland offers so much for everyone to enjoy. Early morning or late evening sailings are normally cheaper, Sign up to our email newsletter so you never miss out on a deal. Is there Wi-Fi available onboard and, if so, is it fast? You can drive here or takethis easy day tour from Edinburgh. From eating and drinking, to relaxing in Club Lounge and shopping in our World Duty Free store, youll find lots of things to do to keep you occupied during your crossing to Northern Ireland. All year round, the M/S Norrna sails weekly from Denmark to Iceland via the Faroe Islands. Want to know more? The journey time from Kennacraig to Port Askaig is around 2 hours and from Kennacraig to Port Ellen 2 hours and 20 minutes. As the frequency and duration of crossings on some routes varies we would advise that you do a live search for crossings from Northern Ireland to Scotland to get the most up to date information. Whether youre embarking on a solo road trip with your car, travelling for work in your van, or planning a family excursion in the caravan, youll have the freedom to explore whenever and wherever you want. Please click the link in it to confirm your subscription. * Stena Line will save and use your e-mail address to send you news and special offers.

Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit And Rose Drink Recipes, Articles S

scotland to ireland ferry

scotland to ireland ferry