John T. Milliken Department of Medicine . UW is a well-rounded program with a wealth of resources and opportunities. Merge onto Interstate 5 northbound and exit at Northeast 45th Street. Our division hosts a broad spectrum of clinical and translational research centers and labs. I am always open to seeing more and who knows what might happen, but my intention is to work with the kiddos!Personal Interests:Music has been a huge part of my life. Medical School: University of Washington SOM, WWAMI. Located in the University District, the General Internal Medicine Center at UW Medical Center- Roosevelt provides comprehensive primary care for adult patients, including preventive medicine services, assessment and treatment of acute medical problems and monitoring and treatment of chronic diseases. West Virginia University School of Medicine. I was immediately drawn to the culture and open-mindedness of the program that stood out here at the University of Washington. Additionally, the breadth of experiences that UW has to offer, is second to none!A Fun Fact:Ive traveled to 5 of the 7 continents of the world! MedStar Washington is an 800-bed tertiary care hospital, the largest in Washington, D.C. As a condition of employment, you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation by time of hire. Internal Medicine Residency Program. Our residents have many options for performing research and other scholarship. Other hobbies include cooking, eating, sleeping, and a bit of racket sports. Class of 2025 Match Slideshow. The Program. Arjun Bahl, MD: Explainable Machine Learning Analysis of Right Heart Failure After Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation. The undeniable comradery we share makes this journey through residency absolutely worthwhile. It's an incredibly strong program and I am honored to train here. 2022 2023 2024 2025. To book with a provider at this clinic that you have not seen before, book as a guest. 660 S. Euclid Ave. Mail Stop 8121-0022-07. I also came for the Kraken. She would often tell me how amazing the UW hospital system is and about the beautiful landscapes and summers of Seattle. This became obvious to me as we toured the city and spent time meeting everyone during the interview day. I have been playing the drums since I was 11 years old and am still learning so much more about the instrument and the theory of music! Have you visited this provider in the last three years? 314-362-8065 | 314-747-1080 (fax). MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's Internal Medicine Residency Program. 67, No. And of course, I love spending time with my better half - Meghan - and our two feline children - Baloo and Bagheera!Why UW? Hometown:Ann Arbor, MIMedical School:University of MichiganInternship:St. Mary Mercy Hospital (Livonia, Michigan)PM&R Interests:I love the breadth of the field! Drawn from more than 90,000 pageviews of the 86 Washington residency programs, we share the 15 programs that were most viewed by FREIDA users looking for details about Washington residencies. UW employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Name Track Medical School; Agarwal, Meghna: Categorical: Loyola University, 2021: Assad, Osayd: Categorical: Medical College of Wisconsin, 2021: Avery, Jonathan She would often tell me how amazing the UW hospital system is and about the beautiful landscapes and summers of Seattle. If you are traveling I-5 northbound, turn right at the exit ramp onto 45th. UW Boise Internal Medicine Residency. 1959 NE Pacific Street Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA)Internship and Residency:Pediatricsat LAC+USC Medical CenterPM&R Interests:Pediatrics PM&R, most likely! PRIMARY CARE TRACK. Our trainees come from all over, representing many of the best medical schools throughout the United States and the world. We are a tight-knit group who enjoy working together, and playing together! Training leads to certification in internal medicine and a subspecialty plus 2-3 years of research. Residents from all of our tracks are able to fully participate in any of our inpatient . There are so many different opportunities as a resident at UW and I felt that the program administration would help individualize my experience based on my interests. He then completed a Faculty Development Fellowship in General Internal Medicine at the University of North . Our residents hail from all over the country and world and they are diverse in their educational backgrounds and life experiences. Home; Resident Life. I was impressed when one resident spoke about providing rehab services to incarcerated patients. Returning patients with MyChart: Sign in to book online. St. Louis, MO. The program contains the following educational program tracks and pathways, including: . We have a new state-of-the-art hospital in Largo, MD, a suburb of Washington, DC. During my rotation at UW as a medical student, I was extremely impressed by both the faculty and residents. Internal Medicine Residency Program-Everett. In addition, I have always thought I would enjoy the Pacific Northwest and am excited for a fun, new city with awesome outdoor activities!A Fun Fact:I got married in the Sahara Desert! Q. Hometown:Salem, VAMedical School:Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SCInternship:Atrium Health, Charlotte, NCPM&R Interests:TBI, SCI, Stroke recovery, Pain and Spasticity management, Prosthetics, and post amputation recoveryPersonal Interests:Weightlifting, cooking, loose-leaf tea, home-brewing beer, all-terrain vehicles, motocross, scuba diving, and fossil collectingWhy UW? Hometown:Ames, IowaMedical School:University of Iowa Carver College of MedicineInternship:University of Iowa Hospitals and ClinicsPM&R Interests:Cancer rehabilitation, general inpatient rehabilitation, stroke, ultrasoundPersonal Interests:Tennis, fitness,photography,arts & crafts (collage, painting, weaving - check out mystuff :)Why UW? GIM Grand Rounds are held on the second and fourth Fridays each month. Our Graduates. Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) are part of our core values and central to every aspect of our program. Career Interests: General internal medicine (primary care hospitalist hybrid), global health, health disparities. We are a dynamic teaching clinic, focused on providing patient-centered care grounded in the best available medical evidence. UW PMR is an amazing program with an excellent reputation that provides a well-rounded experience. I feel like UW will be a joyful experience with great education, and one that comes with a stellar view! Personal Interests: Exercising, playing basketball and team sports in general, road cycling, hiking . 1125 North College Avenue. St. Louis, MO. She received her medical degree and PhD from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. Our Residents. . Hometown:Fontana, CAMedical School:Ohio State University, College of MedicineInternship:University of WashingtonPM&R Interests:Interventional Pain, Cancer rehabilitation, PelvicrehabilitationPersonal Interests:Netflix, brunch, walking, wine tasting, and musicWhy UW? Seattle has everything I would want in a city: amazing food, incredible views, and awesome people. All of that combined with the opportunity to have an adventure exploring the amazing Pacific Northwest felt like a perfect fit for me! Pediatrics PM&R, most likely! Our mission is to create a diverse physician workforce . Surgery Fellowship. George Washington University. Mark Pasanen, MD, FACP - Program Director. The Internal Medicine Residency Program oversees the education of house staff and our residency programs. PGY4. Hometown:Dallas, TexasMedical School:Texas Tech University HSC El Paso Paul L Foster SOMInternship:University of WashingtonPM&R Interests: I'm still pretty broad at the moment but interested in General Rehab and Amputee.Personal Interests:Concert/Live Music performances, Sports (Dallas fan),Hiking, TravelingWhy UW? BSPH, George Washington University DO, A.T. Internal Medicine Residency Program. ), play basketball, golf, travel, spend time with my friends and family! Average salary for University of Washington Internal Medicine Resident Physician in Stanwood, WA: [salary]. I pursued music as a career before medicine and want to incorporate music as a form of therapy in my medical practice. Sailing, climbing, skiing, biking, kiteboarding, hiking/trail running. Recently, I started fishing with my partner, Simon. Hard to beat that combination! The residents of the Mount Sinai Internal Medicine Residency Program are truly what make our program shine. Among them are routes No. I had the opportunityto rotate here as a medical student, and I loved how close-knit everyone involved in the program was! Our hospital is a part of Medstar Health. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA). A fabulous program in a fabulous state! All of our trainees are employed by the University of Washington Boise Internal Medicine Residency Program. The residents are friendly and allow for a comfortable learning environment and the faculty are always enthusiastic about teaching and engaging with residents. Hence, before starting internal medicine residency, I spent time in doctoral and postdoctoral studies in biomedical research that allowed me to have a zoomed-in understanding of an aspect host-pathogen interactions. Join us in serving the Pacific Northwest. Copyright 2023 University of Washington | All rights reserved, General Internal Medicine Center at UW Medical Center - Roosevelt. Welcome to MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's Internal Medicine residency program. My interview day tour with the UW residents solidified the feeling that I could thrive and belong here, and the happy hour social that night confirmed for me that the residents and faculty here are kind, outgoing, intelligent, and laidback people I wanted to work alongside and learn from. Skip to content Skip to search Skip to footer. Campus Box 356522 Her outside interests include gardening, renovating homes, reading and traveling to visit her children and . We are a close-knit group of learners, educators, and mentors who strive to cultivate a supportive and inclusive environment where the breadth and depth of research and clinical opportunities provides one of the richest training experiences in the country. UW PMR is an amazing program with an excellent reputation that provides a well-rounded experience. Turn right again, onto Roosevelt Way. And they are all very happy to be a part of the UW program. And Lucille Carver College of Medicine. At the end of interview season, I remained tremendously awed by UW's superb clinical training, curriculum, and diverse community of leaders. 63110. UW Medical Center 1959 NE Pacific Street Box 356420 Seattle, WA 98195-6522 Plus, it's in the beautiful Emerald City - and super close to plenty of skiing and snowboarding! The PM&R residency here offers so many opportunities in and out of the clinical setting. Learn more about our Addiction Medicine, Academic Hospitalist, and VA Health Services Research Fellowships and other programs Georgetown University is MedStar Health . Seattle and its surrounding outdoor activities and beauty is a bonus. MD. Free shuttle service is available between the medical center and the two Roosevelt buildings. 28 days of paid vacation per year (8 weekend days and 20 business days) 17 days of paid sick leave Insurance and Retirement 1959 NE Pacific Street Special rules apply to each of the subspecialties requiring 6-7 years of training in internal . This is all wrapped up in a package of a city bustling with a variety of food, coffee, and other entertainment options. Why did you choose GW for residency? Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal . Most of us would say a leading strength of our program is the quality, diversity, and spirit of our . University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix, Interventional Spine, Pain Management, Sports Medicine, Adaptive Sports, Ultrasound, General Rehabilitation, Hiking, skiing, exploring the outdoors/wildlife, traveling, trying new restaurants/breweries, photography, sports, movies, music. Im confident that our program will give me the skills, research opportunities, and community support necessary to succeed in any field of rehabilitation medicine. He went on to earn his medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine in 1960. The residents work hard but also value the importance of taking the time to do the things they were interested in. Our Primary Care Track provides an individualized training environment for every resident, allowing our residents to . 63110. If you are traveling on I- 5 southbound, turn left onto 45th. Learn about who our residents are, why they chose UW, and where they go after completing their residencies. Note: In MyChart, you can book with a provider you have seen in the last three years. 1008 South Spring Avenue. Everyone is so kind and truly willing to help one another here. Box 359780 Joseph Quintana, MD. The potential for numerous research opportunities also drew me to UW. I first heard about UW from a friend in medical school. #GWIMRes is a unique program that offers unparalleled training experiences to help trainees reach their maximum potential as future clinicians, researchers, medical educators, advocates, and leaders in their field. In addition, I have always thought I would enjoy the Pacific Northwest and am excited for a fun, new city with awesome outdoor activities! UW had the opportunities to strongly support my diverse PM&R interests in Pediatric PM&R and ICU consults. PNW University College of Osteopathic Medicine. 1600 S Colombian Way, Seattle 98108, UW Medical Center 79 followers . CLASS OF 2023 Brian Cervoni, MD. Welcome to Emergency Medicine at the University of Washington! Instructional Resources. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our house officers, not only in terms of race, ethnicity, gender, and geography, but also in terms of academic and career interests. Basketball, Photography, Traveling, Cooking, and Biking. Spokane, WA 99202-2131 medicine@wsu.edu 509-358-7944. The UW Academic Hospitalist Fellowship is designed for graduating internal medicine residents or early-career hospitalists seeking to accelerate their.. I am interested in all aspects of PMR and wanted diverse training during residency. Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, TBI, SCI, Stroke recovery, Pain and Spasticity management, Prosthetics, and post amputation recovery, eightlifting, cooking, loose-leaf tea, home-brewing beer, all-terrain vehicles, motocross, scuba diving, and fossil collecting. I was very impressed with the faculty/residents and felt a true sense of community and camaraderie. After just 3 days, Seattle felt like a home away from home. Seattle is an amazing place to live and I cant wait to experience everything this city and the PNW have to offer. 660 S. Euclid Ave. Mail Stop 8121-0022-07. On interview day, the residents and faculty were so sweet and genuinely interested in me and my journey to physiatry! Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine Washington State University, 412 E. Spokane Falls Blvd. Spurlock. . 63110. The two red brick buildings are a few blocks northwest of the main medical center; 4225 (UWMC-Roosevelt I) is the southernmost of the two buildings. Pathways offer a specialized curricular focus for your R2 & R3 yearsaround particular topics in medicine. However, after my interview day, I fell in love with the program because of the people. I am a senior internal medicine resident with specific interests in primary care, medical education, and women's health. I was met with incredible warmth from residents and felt right at home on interview day. Whether precepting in continuity clinic, attending on the general medicine wards, or staffing consults, the faculty here are dedicated to teaching and learning, and truly enjoy the academic environment of a . On interview day the program showed great compassion for helping patients no matter their circumstance. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine. Career Plans: Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Clinical Research, Medical Education. So far Ive particularly enjoyed sports medicine, interventional spine, and TBI.Personal Interests:Travel, running and rock climbing with friends, reading (anything humor, fantasy, or murder mystery), and music.Why UW? Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine; University of Washington, Box 356540 1959 NE Pacific Street, BB-1469 Seattle, WA 98195-6540 . Phone: 314-977-2605. Instructor in Medicine. Turn right at the exit ramp onto Northeast 45th, and travel four blocks. We accomplish these goals through a variety of training sites that prepare residents to work . Our graduates have entered a variety of careers over the past 20 years, including administration, primary care, hospital medicine, subspecialty practice, health sciences research, and private practice. It is such a strong program with unique opportunities in policy and EMS (my favorite subsection of EM). UW also offers exposure to complex cases and diverse patient populations that I was looking for. We will begin viewing applications on or after September 29th, 2021 and will begin sending out invitations in early October. Hometown:Harrisburg, PAMedical School:Medical School for International Health, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, IsraelInternship:University of WashingtonPM&R Interests:Neuro-rehab, cancer rehab, pain. I was inspired by the enthusiasm and passion for learning that residents and attendings demonstrated on a day-to-day basis. Learn more about our Addiction Medicine, Academic Hospitalist, and VA Health Services Research Fellowships and other programs. I also love to snowboard (for which the PNW is the perfect place! Hometown:Great Neck, NYMedical School:Boston University School of MedicineInternship:St. Elizabeth's Medical Center - Brighton, MAPM&R Interests:Pain, Sports, MSK, Ultrasound, Adaptive SportsPersonal Interests:Cycling, trying new restaurants, spending time outdoorsWhy UW? Details about University of Washington benefits for residents and fellows are described athttp://hr.uw.edu/benefits/benefits-orientation/benefit-summary-pdfs, https://hr.uw.edu/contact-us/(206) 543-4444, 2015-2023 | University of Washington | Seattle, WA, Details about University of Washington benefits for residents and fellows are described at, UW Medicine Graduate Medical Education wellness service, http://hr.uw.edu/benefits/benefits-orientation/benefit-summary-pdfs, 28 days of paid vacation per year (8 weekend days and 20 business days), Reimbursement for USMLE 3 or COMLEX 3 if taken during intern year, Reimbursement for Medical License (must work with residency to get this), $450 per year for professional development, $6000 Housing Allowance (included in salary). Hometown:Huntington Beach, CAMedical School:Johns Hopkins University School of MedicineInternship:University of Maryland Midtown CampusPM&R Interests:Neurorehabilitation, Pain Management, Rehabilitation EngineeringPersonal Interests:Baking/cooking, yoga, weightlifting, dance, paintingWhy UW? Plus living in Seattle is amazing; so many things to do and so much nature to experience! Resident Physician at University of Washington Seattle, Washington . 79 (north and southbound) and No. For more information about benefits for UW residents, please see Benefits Summary for Residents & Fellows or the UW Benefits & Work/Life page. I felt this program had strong clinical training in all areas of PM&Rand embodied a positive learning environment. I feel like UW will be a joyful experience with great education, and one that comes with a stellar view!A Fun Fact:I have worked in maximum security as a correctional officer when I was 18. Box 356560 | 1959 NE Pacific St. | Seattle, WA 98195-6560 | 206.543.6577 | psychres@uw.edu. Our conferences throughout the week and specialty educational activities are central to our core curriculum. Dr. Pasanen graduated from the University of Vermont College of Medicine and completed his Internal Medicine Residency, including a chief residency, at the University of Washington in Seattle. UseMetro's Trip Plannerto learn which buses can help you get to the clinics, or call Metro, 206.553.3000, for assistance. Most residents in this program pursue academic careers in general internal medicine or medical subspecialties. I felt this program had strong clinical training in all areas of PM&Rand embodied a positive learning environment. Plus I've been dying to explore and adventure around the beautiful PNW so that was another major bonus! The Internal Medicine Residency Program at the University of Washington is committed to providing a comprehensive learning experience for residents, built on our principle of the three C's: Curiosity, Compassion, and Community. Don't see what you're looking for? ThePacific Northwest is also a dream for mountain/water sports and everything outdoors. Hometown:St. Augustine, FLMedical School:University of South FloridaInternship:Orange Park Medical Center, Orange Park, FLPM&R Interests:Sports Medicine, MSK, Ultrasound, General Rehab, StrokePersonal Interests:Hanging out with family/friends, weightlifting, playing sports, traveling, and trying out local restaurantsWhy UW? I am always open to seeing more and who knows what might happen, but my intention is to work with the kiddos! During my visiting rotation at UW, I saw diverse and interesting cases. Dr. Kennedy completed her residency and internship at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Primary care | Internal medicine | Women's health Primary care | Internal medicine | Environmental & occupational medicine, Psychiatry | Psychosomatic medicine | Telehealth services, Primary care | Internal medicine | Preventive medicine. Our facility has 205 acute care beds and also operates as a level II trauma center, designated . We're sorry but only patients who have visited a provider at this clinic in the last three years and have a MyChart account may book online. Plus, it's in the beautiful Emerald City - and super close to plenty of skiing and snowboarding! The University of Wisconsin internal medicine residency. Seattle, WA 98195-6421, UW Roosevelt Even during my virtual interview, I could tell this program had a strong sense of community and a commitment to supporting one another. They were intelligent with diverse backgrounds, provided compassionate patient-centered care, and were driven to enhance and evolve the field of PM&R. Internal Medicine Residency Program. Hometown:Rochester, NYMedical School:Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the PacificInternship:University of WashingtonPM&R Interests:interventional sports & spine, pain management, palliative care, spinal cord injuryPersonal Interests:Ultimate frisbee, glamping, skiing, fantasy novels, video games, trance music, omelets with coffeeWhy UW? Residency Program. UW also offers exposure to complex cases and diverse patient populations that I was looking for. I want to come out of residency knowing that I have a strong foundation in the breadth of PM&R and that is something I knew UW offers. Residents are involved in severalcommittees at the program and department level to organize around topics including Program Improvement, Diversity, and more. Fayetteville, AR 72703-1908. Known as the University of Washington-Alaska Internal Medicine Rural Residency Program (UW AK IM RRP), the program's mission is to provide an intensive Alaska-based, rural primary care-focused training experience in internal medicine. Please call [clinic_phone_display] to schedule your appointment instead. Columbia University . Based on 2 salaries posted anonymously by University of Washington Internal Medicine Resident Physician employees in Stanwood, WA. Hometown:Pittsburgh, PAMedical School:Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PAInternship:University of WashingtonPM&R Interests:Pediatrics, spasticity management, SCI, ICU consultsPersonal Interests:Volleyball, yoga, cycling, crime documentaries, Pittsburgh sports,sci-fi/fantasy novels, hanging out with my pet pig.Why UW? I felt so welcomed by the residents when I rotated here and am very excited to continue my training in my favorite corner of the country. PM&R is such a diverse specialty but I knew that training at UW would be an exciting and incredibly well-rounded experience. With that in mind, I also chose UW for the close-knit and collaborative culture. Box 359892 During my interview weekend, I fell in love with Seattle and its diverse culture, access to nature, and countless breweries. UW PM&R offers a well-rounded training experience with a diverse patient population at a variety of clinical sites, a stellar academic reputation, and faculty members who are leaders in the field. 2015-2023 | University of Washington | Seattle, WA. Current Internal Medicine Housestaff . I also get to work with a variety of folks from diversebackgrounds.A Fun Fact:I played the saxophone for 6 years. Major medical insurance, dental insurance, and basic life insurance are provided to all housestaff and their dependents (spouse, domestic partner, children). Box 354760 I look forward to becoming part of the team and maybe exploring local national parks in my free time. Facebook; Report this profile Report Report. The George Washington University Internal Medicine Residency Program a.k.a. I am excited to be a part of the strong legacy of this program and cannot wait to take advantage of all the opportunities the program has tooffer! 1 of 9. St. Louis, MO. St. Louis, MO. MEET OUR FACULTY MEMBERS. Undergraduate School: Oregon State University. Choosing to live in Seattle was also a no-brainer. I'm also particularly interested in the interface between technology and rehabilitation.Personal Interests:Hiking, biking, walking, climbing, orienteering (pretty much anything outdoors- whatever the weather). Indoors: cooking, drawing. Internal Medicine Residency Program. Seattle, WA 98195-4760, S-111-Endo, VA Puget Sound I also love to snowboard (for which the PNW is the perfect place! As a resident, it offers well-rounded clinical exposure, established academic resources, and working with both residents and faculty that I really look up to and share similarvalues with. Hometown:Lynnwood, WAMedical School:Georgetown University SOMInternship:University of WashingtonPM&R Interests:Neurorehabilitation, Global HealthPersonal Interests:Basketball, Photography, Traveling, Cooking, and BikingWhy UW? Primary care | Internal medicine | Male reproductive endocrinology Internal medicine | Primary care | Hospital medicine, Primary care | Internal medicine | Telehealth services. Seattle, WA 98195-6522, Harborview Medical Center Even during my virtual interview, I could tell this program had a strong sense of community and a commitment to supporting one another. Dr. Crimp's interests include dermatopathology and clinical education . 2022-23 Co-Chief Resident. Hometown:Fort Smith, ARMedical School:Saint Louis University School of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency Program. So, when I realized that UW was top rated program in my specialty, how could I say no? 63110. Our program has 108 highly qualified interns and residents. He graduated from Harvard College in 1955, with a degree in biochemical sciences. Facebook; Twitter; Instagram 2023 Washington University in St. Louis . I have always loved the Pacific Northwest for its beauty and ruggedness and when I learned of the diverse training opportunities offered at UW, I knew it would be the perfect fit. He then obtained a postdoctoral fellowship in human genetics at Yale University School of Medicine. Resident Fellowship Placements. The UW Medical Center-Roosevelt clinics are located at 4245 and 4225 Roosevelt Way N.E. The training, the people, and the location! Most importantly, I felt at home at GW more than anywhere else on the interview trail. Residents may choose research electives in their R2 and R3 years. Washington University School of Medicine has been shaping some of the brightest medical mind. 660 S. Euclid Ave. Mail Stop 8121-0022-07. We are thrilled to welcome our first Internal medicine residents starting in July of 2023. Facebook; . The Internal Medicine Residency Program. The mountain ranges, greenery, ocean, lakes, and yes even the rain, I find relaxing. Link to article at PubMed. The UAMS / Washington Regional Internal Medicine Residency Program is located in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and was established in 2022 as a new community-based program through a partnership with UAMS and Washington Regional Medical Center. Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University Sinai-Grace Hospital, Detroit, MI, Sports Medicine, Neurorehabilitation, MSK, Pain management, Traveling, trying new restaurants, martial arts, playing sports in general, and music. Internal Medicine Residency Program. There are a number of opportunities for residents to take part in mentored research projects with leading faculty in various topics andsubspecialties.

Shally Zomorodi Net Worth, Articles U

university of washington internal medicine residents

university of washington internal medicine residents